As a church, we support several community projects run by other local churches, charities and organisations. We believe that by working together we can serve our communities more effectively, and help show God’s love to people in practical ways.
Our support is expressed in different ways for different projects, and may include financial support, donations of goods, provision of premises, volunteering of time or skills, or prayer support.
We’d love for you to get involved, and we believe that every person has a valuable contribution they can make.
Why should I get involved?
These are just a few of the many great reasons for joining us in supporting community projects:
- You will be able to show God’s love to others in a practical way
- You will be able to contribute to the practical help and support of those in need, making a real difference to people’s lives
- You will be helping to ensure the longer-term continuity of these projects in the community
- You’re likely to get to know other people and make new friends
- You may learn new skills
- You are likely to grow in your faith and your relationship with God
How can I get involved?
There are lots of ways you can join us in supporting community projects. Here are just a few of the ways:
- Volunteer your time: Many of the projects depend on people volunteering their time on a regular basis in order to keep running.
- Provide financial support: Many of the projects are funded in part or entirely by donations, and as such they rely on the generosity of local people.
- Donate goods or items: Some of the projects rely on donations of food, clothes or other items, which can then be passed on to people in need.
- Pray: All the projects would appreciate prayer support.
- Spread the word! Tell other people about the projects and encourage them to get involved too!
Each of the projects has different opportunities for getting involved. You can find out more about each project, and any opportunities to get involved, on the project’s information page.
Hope Community School
This school is due to open in Sept. 2017 and wll be Southampton’s first mainstream Free School.Find out more
Safe Families for Children
Safe Families works to support families in crisis by connecting them with local volunteers who can offer help.Find out more