About Our Projects
As a church, we want to see every part of Southampton transformed by the love of Jesus. Our projects offer us the opportunity to show God’s love to people in practical ways.
Through our projects, we strive to serve the needs in our communities, whether that is a need for material possessions, like food and clothes, or a need for advice, support and friendship. We’d love for you to get involved, and we believe that every person has a valuable contribution they can make.
Why should I get involved?
These are just a few of the many great reasons to get involved in our community projects:
- You will be able to show God’s love to others in a practical way
- You will be able to contribute to the practical help and support of those in need, making a real difference to people’s lives
- You will be helping to ensure the longer-term continuity of these projects in the community
- You will develop a greater understanding of, and empathy for, people in need
- You’re likely to get to know other people and make new friends
- You may learn new skills
- You are likely to grow in your faith and your relationship with God
How can I get involved?
There are lots of ways you can get involved and support our projects. Here are just a few of the ways:
- Volunteer your time: Many of our projects depend on people volunteering their time on a regular basis in order to keep running.
- Provide financial support: Many of our projects are funded in part or entirely by donations and as such they rely on the generosity of local people.
- Donate goods or items: Some of our projects rely on donations of food, clothes or other items, which can then be passed on to people in need.
- Pray: All our projects would appreciate prayer support.
- Spread the word! Tell other people about our projects and encourage them to get involved too!
Each of our projects has different opportunities for getting involved. You can find out more about each project, and any opportunities to get involved, on the project’s information page.
Baby Branch provides good-quality baby clothing and toys to families in need.Find out more
The Community Cafe offers food and friendship to people in need, including those who are homeless or vulnerably-housed.Find out more