Our counselling service, CCTS, are running a conference for church pastoral workers. If you're involved in helping to care for those in your church community, then this is for you!
The conference will provide an opportunity to gather with other people who are involved in pastoral care or leadership in the local church, and is an event to help refresh and resource you in all you do. Ideal for church teams to come along to together, we believe the day will be a real blessing to you and your church.
The day will include time for worship, encouragement, teaching and prayer, and there will be a choice of equipping and awareness seminars.
The conference keynote speaker will be Brian Draper (author, regular on Radio 4's Thought for the Day and described by Oliver James as 'Britains foremost popular spiritual thinker'). David Sinclair (Director of Pastoral Care UK) and Carolyn Bramhall (author of 'Am I a Good Girl Yet' and Director of Heart 4 Truth), will also be contributing.
The following seminars will be available:
- Pastoral Care and Counselling (David Sinclair, Director of Pastoral Care UK)
- Pastoral Care and Safeguarding (Elaine Davidson, HR Specialist from NCN)
- Understanding and Caring for People in the Church with Poor Mental Health (Helen Savage, CEO from Southampton Family Trust)
- 'Do Not Be Afraid' - A Look at Fear and Anxiety (Norma Parrack, Registered UKCP & BABCP Psychotherapist and founder of CCTS)
- Introduction to Truth Teams (Carolyn Bramhall, Director of Heart 4 Truth)
- A Christian Approach to Mindfulness
There will also be resources and displays from relevant organisations, as well as time to network with others.
When: 10am-4pm, Saturday 29th September 2018.
Where: Central Hall, St. Mary Street, Southampton, SO14 1NF.
Cost: £20 per person. Buy four tickets and get one free.
For more information: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02380 385247 with any questions about the event.
To book: Please book your tickets through the Eventbrite page.