Our Sunday 6pm service at Central Hall is about to start its second year!
We launched this new service in Autumn 2017 with the aim of creating a safe and accessible space for people to encounter Jesus, especially those who might not usually attend church. It's been a great year - full of stories of God working in people's lives in small and big ways, and of people encountering Jesus. We're so thankful to God for all he's done through the 6pm service this last year, and also for the team who have worked so hard to make the evenings happen.
We're now preparing for our second year and looking forward to the adventures to come! We're also looking to grow our team, in order to keep everything running smoothly. Could you help out once a month on a Sunday evening? It's a great way to get to know other people and serve your church!
We currently need more of the following:
Our building managers have responsibilty for the Central Hall building during the Sunday evening, and provide an essential unlocking and locking up service. Their duties include:
- Unlocking doors, ensuring the building is open on time, ready for the service
- Locking up the building after the service, leaving the building secure
- Taking responsibilty for fire procedures, in the event of a fire in the building
- Caring for the building as needed
- Knowing what to do in an emergency situation, and able to take responsibility for ensuring procedures are carried out correctly
This role would suit someone who is reliable and responsible, and who is able to deal with any emergeny situations confidently and calmly.
Our stewards remain in the foyer during the service, and help ensure the compfort and safety of the congregation. Their duties include:
- Providing a secure presence in the foyer during the service
- Being the first point of contact for anyone arriving late, or anyone who needs assistance during the service
- Checking CCTV regularly, and being alert for any safeguarding or health and safety issues, reporting these to the building manager as needed
- Taking responsibility for ensuring the safe evacuation of an area of the building in the event of a fire
This role would suit someone who is friendly and calm and able to deal with awkward situations when needed.
If you're able to help with either of these roles, or would like to find out more, please contact our 6pm team via email@example.com.