On Sunday 9th June, we had our annual whole-church gift day, but it's not too late to give.
Our gift days are a great opportunity to give generously into the valuable work of our church. They provide an opportunity for us to reflect on all the blessings we have, and to consider what we could give, over and above our regular giving, as a thanksgiving offering to God.
As a church, we have a heart to see both individual lives and whole communities transformed by the love of God. We're passionate about providing opportunities for more people to encounter Jesus, and passionate about serving our local communities in practical ways. We recognise that the more resources we have, the more we are able to engage with and serve our local communities through events, activities and projects.
On our annual gift day last year (2018), across all our services you gave an impressive £40,110.20 (including donations, pledges and Gift Aid)! This generous amount allowed us to invest further in our 2025 legacy vision, including in the following ways:
- By enabling us to expand our Next Generation team so that we can invest further in our children and youth, developing a brand-new discipleship pathway for 0-18-year-olds, and welcoming local children into our first holiday club at Central Hall.
- By financing community and church groups and events, such as our special Christmas services, the Sholing family movie nights, Pit Stop (an outreach to trick-or-treaters), our toddler groups, and our community café.
- By helping us to launch new School of Ministry training centres worldwide, to develop and train leaders in Christian ministry, particularly in areas where leaders would be unable to attend traditional training establishments.
- By allowing us to continue to partner with the people in Kibera, where unemployment and poverty are key issues. We were able to send out two teams from the UK in 2018, and also provided regular online support.
- By investing in the fabric of Central Hall, so that it continues to serve us effectively into the future.
- By allowing us to continue to invest in the children and families of Hope Community School, as a fresh Year R intake arrived in September 2018.
We're excited to see what a difference the money raised by our 2019 Gift Day will make in our local communities. Over the next twelve months, we'll be:
- Investing further in the next generation, as we officially launch our brand-new Next Generation Pathway discipleship programme for 0-18-year-olds.
- Increasing our outreach to the wider community as Steve Lee (from Miracle Street) partners with us to develop and deliver a 3-year outreach strategy.
- Developing fresh ways to complement our work with Hope Community School, to serve some of the most vulnerable in our city.
- Believing God for even more salvations and baptisms than last year.
We invite you to partner with us for the exciting year ahead, as we continue our journey towards our 2025 legacy vision. Please do pray about what you can give, and ask God to use your contribution to release more of his Kingdom in the city of Southampton.
You can give in either of the following ways:
-By bank transfer to these bank account details: Bank: CAF Bank Ltd; Account name: New Community Network; Account number: 00005807; Sort code: 40-52-40; Reference: GIFT DAY.
-By cash or cheque in the offering collection on Sunday mornings. Please use the giving envelopes if you give using cash. All cheques can be made payable to New Community Network. Please mark the giving envelope with 'GIFT DAY'.
We'll let you know the final amount donated on our 2019 Gift Day, as soon as we can!
Thank you so much for your generosity!
"You must each decide in your heart how much to give. And don’t give reluctantly or in response to pressure. 'For God loves a person who gives cheerfully.' And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others." (2 Corinthians 9:7-8, NLT).
You can watch our 2019 Gift Day video here: