COVID-19 UPDATE: In light of the current coronavirus pandemic, and in accordance with the latest government guidelines, we have had to cancel our services and events for the foreseeable future. Find out more in this announcement from Billy Kennedy.
Children and youth are an important part of New Community's Central congregation, and we've set up our Next Generation Pathway just for them! This Pathway is 'the journey that our children and young people take towards Jesus as they grow up', and consists of five core elements, that are values at every stage of the Pathway:
- Truth: The Biblical truth that we want to teach our 0-18s to know about God.
- Encounter: Providing space for our 0-18s to experience God for themselves.
- Family: Encouraging our 0-18s to build relationships across the church body, to ensure a sense of belonging.
- Gateways: Ensuring the Pathway is accessible, and that 0-18s are able to join it at any stage.
- Milestones: Celebrating certain stages of childhood that children and families can look forward to and celebrate.
We want all children who are either born into, or brought into, New Community Church to remain lifelong followers of Jesus.
Central Children's Groups and Activities
As part of our Next Generation Pathway, we have several children's groups running each Sunday morning, as well as a parent and toddler group that meets during the week.
Our Sunday children’s ministry is run by an experienced team of volunteers who have all been vetted and checked as suitable to work with children. They are the ones wearing our distinctive light blue T-shirts on Sunday mornings.Find out more
Central Youth Programmes
As part of our Next Generation Pathway, we have a range of groups for youth, both on a Sunday morning and during the week. All our youth are also very welcome to stay in for our Sunday morning service.
Our youth ministry is run by an experienced team of volunteers who have all been vetted and checked as suitable to work with children and young people.Find out more