This page tells you more about our beliefs and values at New Community Church.
What We Believe
We subscribe to the Evangelical Alliance Statement of Faith as set out below:
WE BELIEVE IN...
1. The one true God who lives eternally in three persons - the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
2. The love, grace and sovereignty of God in creating, sustaining, ruling, redeeming and judging the world.
3. The divine inspiration and supreme authority of the Old and New Testament Scriptures, which are the written Word of God - fully trustworthy for faith and conduct.
4. The dignity of all people, made male and female in God's image to love, be holy and care for creation, yet corrupted by sin, which incurs divine wrath and judgement.
5. The incarnation of God's eternal Son, the Lord Jesus Christ - born of the virgin Mary; truly divine and truly human, yet without sin.
6. The atoning sacrifice of Christ on the cross: dying in our place, paying the price of sin and defeating evil, so reconciling us with God.
7. The bodily resurrection of Christ, the first fruits of our resurrection; his ascension to the Father, and his reign and mediation as the only Saviour of the world.
8. The justification of sinners solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ.
9. The ministry of God the Holy Spirit, who leads us to repentance, unites us with Christ through new birth, empowers our discipleship and enables our witness.
10.The Church, the body of Christ both local and universal, the priesthood of all believers - given life by the Spirit and endowed with the Spirit's gifts to worship God and proclaim the gospel, promoting justice and love.
11.The personal and visible return of Jesus Christ to fulfil the purposes of God, who will raise all people to judgement, bring eternal life to the redeemed and eternal condemnation to the lost, and establish a new heaven and new earth.
We are CHRIST-CENTRED. JESUS is the one we worship and the one that we follow. Worship, and living lives that please him, has high priority for us. We operate with INTEGRITY in all our dealings. We will be GENEROUS with what we have been entrusted with. We take the BIBLE seriously. It shows us the way of salvation and enables us to know how to live.
We are RELATIONAL. We aspire to be a COMMUNITY where each member is valued and respected. We place a high value on the quality of our RELATIONSHIPS. We believe that everyone has a CONTRIBUTION to make and a part to play. We celebrate DIVERSITY.
We are CHARISMATIC. We welcome and embrace the work of God’s HOLY SPIRIT. We honour the PROPHETIC. We recognise and honour gift and calling. Leaders LEAD by example. Their authority comes from God. Their highest calling is to SERVE.
We are MISSIONAL. We are called to participate in God’s mission towards his creation. Our vision is to see both personal and social transformation. We will serve and PARTNER with other churches and organisations where possible. Our calling is to the CITY and the NATIONS.
Our Mission Statement
This infographic explains our mission statement: