COVID-19 update for giving, from our finance team:
While most of what we do is currently unaffected, in these unprecedented and challenging times we have had to rapidly change how we carry out our operations to ensure that we continue being good stewards of all God has entrusted us with.
Changes we have made:
- Our finance office is physically closed, but our team members are still safely working from their homes to reduce any levels of disruption to our normal services. It’s important to note that we will always continue to uphold our high standards of data security and protection, regardless of where our team are based.
- You can continue to contact the finance team on 023 8038 5127 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org during week days from 9am-5pm.
- Currently, we are asking you NOT to send your cheque donations by post. Please use our alternative methods for giving your tithes as shown below.
What we’re working on:
- As our Leadership Team encourage more ways to express God’s love during this pandemic, one of the ways we can respond as a church is by supporting those most in need of financial and practical support. As we do this, our finance team will ensure that the recipients receive these funds timely.
- We will continue to manage the various funds that you so generously give to and we have made giving options easily accessible for you. Thank you for your continued support!
Current Ways to Give:
At this time, we'd like to encourage you to use the following three options as methods to give, please. In order of preference:
1. Standing Orders (STO) or BACS payments. You can set up a standing order for regular giving, or make one-off donations using BACS, through your online bank account. Please make payments to New Community Network, CAF bank PLC, sort code 40-52-40, account number 00005807. In the reference section, please indicate clearly the project or congregation you are giving to (e.g. Central tithe, Sholing Tithe, Community Café, Kibera, etc.).
Giving by standing order or BACS is our preference, as it means that as a charity we don't incur additional fees in collecting your donation, so please give by this method if at all possible.
2. ChurchSuite. If you have a ChurchSuite account, you wll also be able to give through this account. Simply log in to your acount, click on the 'My Giving' option in the menu, and then click on 'Donate'. You will then be able to choose to make a one-off donation or set up a new standing order for regular giving.
3. Through your employer’s payroll giving scheme. You can give through the GAYE (Give As You Earn) scheme, if your employer runs such a scheme. Ask your Human Resources department about this scheme and for more ifnormation.
Please could we remind you to complete a Gift Aid declaration if you are a UK taxpayer. This will allow up to reclaim the tax on your donation, at no extra cost to you, boosting the amount of the donation (more detail below). If you haven't yet completed a Gift Aid declaration, you can do this through the 'My Giving' section of your ChurchSuite account, or by emailing a completed copy of this giving form to email@example.com (please do not post the form to us at this current time).
Information on Giving at New Community Church:
As a church, we would love to see more people have the opportunity to hear about and encounter Jesus, and to see our local communities completely transformed by the love of God.
We believe we all have an important part to play in this, and that we all share a responsibility to reach the communities around us and to show them the generous love that God shows to us. Part of this shared responsibility involves supporting our congregations and their community projects and events through financial giving.
Tithing is our foundation for giving. The Bible teaches us that it is the baseline standard for giving. When we give the first 10% of our income to the church, this is an expression of putting God first in our lives. Tithing is an act of worship that expresses our gratitude to God, our faith, and love for others.
Offerings are free-will offerings above and beyond the tithe.
All giving at New Community Church is completely voluntary.
"You should remember the words of the Lord Jesus: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’” (Acts 20:35, NLT).
Regular giving is highly encouraged as this helps our Leadership Team when planning on how best to see our vision fulfilled in our city and the nations. Please see the information above about how to give at this time.
Remember New Community in your will for the work to carry on into the future! You may wish to consider leaving a legacy to church in your will. To help you understand about legacies, please read this document.
A Tax-Efficient Way To Boost Your Donations:
If you are a UK taxpayer, you can make your donations go further by donating through Gift Aid. The Gift Aid scheme enables us (as a charity) to reclaim tax on donations made to us by UK taxpayers, which effectively increases the amount of the donation. Under this scheme, we can claim an extra 25p for every £1 donated, without any extra cost to donors. If you pay UK tax (Income or Capital Gains Tax) and would like the church to be able to claim back the basic tax rate on your donations (at no extra cost to you), then you will need to complete, sign and return a Giving Form. Please email a completed copy of the form to firstname.lastname@example.org (please do not post the form to us at this current time).
Things you need to know if you intend to Gift Aid your tithing and any other offerings/additional giving:
- You should pay enough tax for any one tax year to cover the amount reclaimed by New Community Network on your giving. Relevant tax is any Income Tax (at basic or higher tax rate) or Capital Gains Tax. If you cease to be a taxpayer, or have not paid enough tax for any year, you should notify our finance team immediately. If too much tax is recovered on your giving, you will be liable to refund HM Revenue & Customs.
- Your Gift Aid declaration should be based on the tax paid by you personally, not that paid by another person (e.g. husband or wife).
- You are entitled to cancel your Gift Aid declaration at any time. Simply notify us, preferably in writing. You can send your notification to email@example.com. Unless and until you cancel your declaration, we will continue to reclaim tax on all your giving to New Community Network.
If you have any questions about giving, please feel free to contact our finance department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call them directly on 023 8038 5127.
Raise Funds for Free
Did you know that you can raise FREE funds for New Community Network when you shop online? Through easyfundraising, whenever you buy anything online you could be raising a free donation for New Community Network. And it won't cost you a penny extra! Find out more on our Raise Funds for Free page.
Thank you so much for your generosity.
"You must each decide in your heart how much to give. And don’t give reluctantly or in response to pressure. 'For God loves a person who gives cheerfully.' And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others." (2 Corinthians 9:7-8, NLT).